Saturday, July 30, 2011

Enter Shikari

So, as I've been going on about for days now, I enjoyed Warped this Tuesday. Now, however, I'm suffering from my own stupidity, as I didn't want to wear sun screen. I just don't like the feeling... My face and scalp are peeling, which I've had happen maybe once before, but I've never peeled like this or seen anyone else do the same. All of the skin on my right cheek and nose got hard and is crusting off while the rest is peeling as normal burns go. I'm no expert on burn degree's, but something tells me if I'd stayed in the sun for maybe an hour longer, I might have some second degree burns. Again, I had an awesome time and it was worth it.

Enter Shikari, who played Warped this year but I missed them, is a British band that was formed in 2003. They were technically formed in 1999, under a different band name, but that's another story. Their 2007 debut album, Take The Skies, reached number 4 in the Official UK Album Chart and their second reached 16. Those are actually there only two full-lengths, though they've released a handful of EP's and singles.

Their band member's include: Roughton "Rou" Reynolds (lead vocals, synth, keys), Liam "Rory" Clewlow (guitar, vocals), Chris "Batty C" Batten (bass, vocals), and Rob Rolfe (drums).

This band is a little different than my usual style posts, but I like them. Now, check out some music!

"Sorry, You're Not A Winner"

"Anything Can Happen in the Next Half Hour..."

"Juggernauts"

9 comments:

  1. not feeling them....nice look though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have potential but these 3 are just not doing it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stuff lad, hadn't heard of them before

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've got good stuff here, maybe you could revamp with better organization. the content is tops though

    ReplyDelete
  5. My younger brother is crazy about this band, he too went to warped tour and got sunburned. lol
    +follow :)

    ReplyDelete