Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dear and the Headlights

Dear and the Headlights is an indie band out of Phoenix, Arizona. I lived in Arizona, a couple hours from Phoenix, and sadly never got to catch them live. They have a pretty cool sound. A lot of what I've heard by them, however, is pretty depressing (not all of it, though). Their front man is very talented in that he can really put together some lyrics. Before they were signed by Equal Vision Records in 2007, they released two demos which contained five songs that they re-recorded for their debut full-length album.
They released Small Steps, Heavy Hooves in 2007 and Drunk Like Bible Times in 2008.

Dear and the Headlights includes: Ian Metzger (vocals, guitar), P.J. Waxman (guitar, vocals), Patrick Taylor (bass), Robert Cissell (keys, guitar), and Mark Kulvinskas (drums).

I'm going to post, first, the song that really got me into this band.

"Hallelujah"
This is a live acoustic version, however. I think I prefer the recorded (full band) version, but this is still really good.

"Daysleeper"
Probably the most depressing song I've heard and I can't help but like it.

"Sweet Talk"

I really like these guys. Hope you all enjoy too.
Keep Rockin'!

3 comments:

  1. Check out Manchester Orchestra's video for "Simple Math", it's pretty intense: http://www.ifc.com/news/2011/04/manchester-orchestra.php and I've heard the record and it's AMAZING. Get it 5/10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, this isn't my everyday music but I really like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally this isn't my style, but this band is quite cool.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete