Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Get the 'H', 'E' double hockey sticks the fudge outta here"

Scary Kids, Scaring Kids', "My Darkest Hour", was a good song back when I was in high school. As a matter of fact, it probably ranked in my top 5 for a good month at some point. Here is the music video for that song, which is actually pretty humorous.


That is from their first full length album, "The World As We Know It", an altogether great and unique album for it's time. Since then, however, they seemed to have changed up their style a bit. I'll leave an example of this as well...

That was "Degenerates" from their newest, self-titled album. You might notice a slight difference, but the real change can be seen when you listen to both full albums. Luckily for long time fans, Scary Kids, Scaring Kids haven't eliminated their old singing and songwriting styles; they've simply progressed as a band and I'm looking forward to future albums by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment