Saturday, March 5, 2011

Miss May I - Live Week - Day 1

Miss May I is a metalcore band from Ohio, signed with Rise Records as of 2008. Their Debut album (which today's song is featured on) was called "Apologies Are for the Weak." Their second and newest album, from August 2010, was title "Monument." There members include: Ryan Neff (bass, vocals), Levi Benton (vocals), Jerod Boyd (drums), Justin Aufdenkampe (guitar), and BJ Stead (guitar). Before their signing with Rise Recods, Miss May I release 2 demo albums, one was entitled "Vows For A Massacre" while the other one is simply referred to as "Demo 2008."

Well, that's enough of the technical mumbo-jumbo... First of all, here is a quick vid of a cover song called "Swing" which was originally performed by rapper Savage.



So, I decided that this week is live week. I'll be posting videos of bands performing live shows and possibly along side their album brethren. Today's band, as you've probably already figured out, is Miss May I. The song, my favorite song by the band, is 'A Dance With Aera Cura." This song for some reason gives me a slight erection.

Album version:



Live version:



I hope you enjoyed as much as I do, I understand the music isn't commonly accepted. I like it more for that reason. That's all for today. Keep Rockin'!

4 comments:

  1. i loved the third video! hadn't listen to this band ever and is pretty nice rock!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. i came back to hear the songs again hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Agustin! I'm glad you like it :) Miss May I is a pretty awesome band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! Can't wait to check out more stuff from this band!

    ReplyDelete