Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nostalgia

Well, after a few recent comments, I realized quite a few people don't enjoy the music I do. And, while I'm not going to change my taste in music or my blog's main point, I will change it up a bit from time to time. Today, I was browsing through different blog's that I follow and I came across two different posts that had to do with nostalgia and that got me thinking: "why not do a nostalgia post myself?" Everyone's got different idea's of what makes them think about old times. One was about video games, another about old cartoons, and I believe there was one to do with a song. This is music that always get's me thinking of old times.

Fist of all, Metallica. I have always been into these guys. This was probably the first Metal band I ever liked. And now you can see how things have changed.

Metallica's "Master of Puppets" (live)

 

I can't hear Metallica without being brought back to early high school or the first time I picked up a guitar. The first song I learned (not entirely, but bits and pieces) was "One". I used to listen to Metallica and a few others on the bus going to school every morning. Another couple of bands would have to be Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park, AC/DC, some Sublime for my smoking days, and if you haven't heard Mean Dinosaur, you're missing out.

Mean Dinosaur - "Fly Away"

 
This song always makes me think of a really good friend who I haven't seen in a few months. 

Now, aside from music, here are a few things that get me every time:
The Original Power Rangers (the yellow ranger was an Asian and the black ranger was a black guy, I love it).

Everyday after school.

Before cartoons were so uptight.

Toy Soldiers (not that Eminem song).

Nintendo 64 and any of it's predecessors. Also includes Sega and Atari.

Okay, maybe this one's a little too soon, but come one, we're never buying, renting, or watching these things again. It's only been, what feels like, a few short years and we're already two generations after the VHS tape.

I know I didn't include a whole lot, I could have spent hours upon hours adding and removing things from this, but sadly, I don't have that time. Now, I'd like to hear what makes you nostalgia. So, how about it? What makes you nostalgia fellow bloggers?

6 comments:

  1. nes,snes and wrestling makes me nostalig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, wrestling! I forgot about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As strange as it sounds, I get more nostalgic as the result of smells than sights or sounds. The smell of pizza takes me back to the 80's and the arcades that drained all my quarters. The smell of buttered popcorn takes me back to the time when I saw the original Star Wars trilogy in the theaters. And woodsmoke just takes me back....

    Must be the ginormous nose...

    I like the cut of your jib, man, I will be following from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not strange at all, I know there are smells that bring me back too! I hate that I wanted to post about nostalgia and couldn't think of everything off the top of my head, but yeah, there are so many more things I could have mentioned. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than the shows or foods, what gets me is the commercials that were shown during 1980s cartoons. I catch one on YouTube now and again, and flash back to being a little kid.

    ReplyDelete